- Archiving (HSM across storage levels). Active / passive archive, offline archive, legally compliant archive
- Data protection (multiple storage of data). Valuable data is stored on several data carriers, ideally with a media break to tape
Intelligent data management with NODEUM
Data are often referred to as the 'oil of the 20th century'. Manage your valuable data with the automated self-service platform NODEUM:
- Moving data from any source to any target (data moving, orchestration)
- Manage storage tiers, regardless of whether NAS, object, tape or cloud (data tiering)
- Enriching data with meta information (data enrichment)
- Connection of all file systems (CIF, NFS, SLURM, GPFS, LUSTRE, ...)
- Integration of different event handlers (Hook, Swift, Kerberos, MinIO, ...)
- Designed for data volumes up to the zettabyte range (biobanks, supercomputers, AI / KI)
For compute-intensive operations, we provide the perfect infrastructure for HPC and GPU applications (servers/networking/solutions).
INTELLIGENT DATA MANAGEMENT IN 3 LOGICAL STEPS:
- Data level (data tiering). Tiering works across several storage levels and keeps the data on the optimal storage system depending on the use
- Lifecycle management. Archiving, migrating, moving, permanently holding (legal hold) and deleting (retention time) of data across all types of storage media (NAS, object, tape, cloud)
- Metadata Enrichment (Metadata Management & Enrichment). Data enriched with additional meta information increases the quality of the data. AI can now support you to use the data usefully.
- Data explosion & data processing in the cloud. Cloud services (public, private and hybrid) offer a multitude of options for managing and processing enriched data through S3 objects. For example, algorithms for image recognition can be processed directly on the primary storage system.
Intelligent data management across storage borders can reduce the costs for storage systems (TCO) and the strengths and weaknesses of the various systems can be used or eliminated.
The RESTful API from NODEUM, which is as complex as it is easy to use, allows deep integration into business processes and enables the data fabric to be controlled directly from the source application.